“Healthcare Quality Week”
Healthcare Quality Week is dedicated to celebrating the contributions professionals have made in the field of health care and brings greater awareness to the profession of healthcare quality.
In the world where evolution of technology is on the peak, medical science is also seeing innumerable advances. But, when it comes to addressing patient needs, ensuring patient safety, efficiency of the system, and quality improvement, healthcare system performs far below acceptable levels.
We have only seen the medical environment where physicians rely primarily on the traditional practice of using pen-paper, memory, and few extra efforts to improve the care given to patients. However, our medical environment requires deliberate redesigning for reliable, cost-effective and sustained quality improvement in healthcare system.
Quality improvement is meant for enhancing safety, effectiveness, and efficiency. So, redesigning healthcare system requires indulgence in specialized methods and tools known to assist improvement. Various tools help hospitals to get more reliable and efficient in the healthcare process and devote more time to satisfactory healthcare services.
How quality improvement in healthcare system will accelerate the performance:
Quality improvement in healthcare means a systematic approach by a healthcare organization that monitors, assesses and improves the standards of quality healthcare. The organizational chain of activities is cyclic and needs continues improvement to seek a higher level of performance. Continuous upgradation in healthcare activities can pull out healthcare organizations from inefficient traditional concepts and utilize technology/tools to perform efficiently and hence generate better quality results.
About Health Care Quality
Health care quality and patient safety are deeply connected.
- Health care quality is a broad term that encompasses many aspects of patient care. Quality health care is care that is safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable.
- Patient safety is an important aspect of health care quality and a key priority. To ensure patient safety, health care systems must strive to prevent errors, learn from the errors that do occur, and create a culture of safety that involves health care professionals, organizations, and patients.
Benefits of Quality Improvement in Healthcare System
- Safe: Systematic and organized approach is intended towards optimizing care for the patients it serves and avoids harm. It embraces a culture of safety, quality, and transparency.
- Effective: By improving the ‘process’, an organization reduces the chances associated with failure and redundancy. The improved healthcare system is more on data-driven science rather than anecdote-driven.
- Patient-centered: Improved efficiency of managerial and clinical processes leaves transition space for doctors and staff to provides responsive, respectful and value-based care to a patient.
- Proactive: Improved processes recognize and solve the problems even before they occur.
- Cost-effective: Quality improvement processes are budget neutral. It avoids the cost associated with process failure, poor outcomes, and errors. Reliable and streamlined processes are less expensive to maintain.
- Efficient: Improving process makes wasteful activities associated with equipment, supplies, ideas, and energy more obvious and makes it easier to eliminate.
Overall improving the quality and performance in the healthcare environment can help providers with reliable, cost-effective and sustained healthcare processes and enable them to achieve their goal of improving care delivery and enhancing patient outcomes. On the front line, it all starts with healthcare service providers to get adopted to the environment where quality improvement comes first rather than the process outcomes.
AMERICAN SPINE CENTER
Timing: 9am until 9pm, Saturday to Thursday.
Contact us: 800-100-999
Location: Al Razi Building 64, Block F, Dubai Healthcare City, Dubai, UAE.